Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Looking back

The last several days have been full of opportunities for me to look back on things in life. Many different thing from my childhood to last week. It has been very interesting to me looking back on things while at this particular stage in life. I have changed so much these last few years especially, and it is kind of like looking at someone else's life at times. A very strange feeling to say the least.

Hmm, how far back to go I go this one? About 3-4 years ago I read a book that kind of started this entire shift in my life. Everything Matters, Nothing Matters by Gina Hillier truly was my turning point I so desperately needed. It's funny, the main thing I remember about this book at the moment is how it helped me learn to truly meditate. Oh, I had tried many times over to meditate, clear my mind, and let my thoughts go. Never worked. Not once. And at times I just fell asleep! But while reading this book it gave me a new way of looking at meditating and I was able to finally figure it out. Still amazes me how something so very simple has made such a profound impact on my life. I have pulled the book out again recently with the intention of reading it again soon. But as usual I have a huge stack of books I have found I want to read lately. My motto...you can never have too many books!

No comments:

Post a Comment