Saturday, June 7, 2014

I can do this!

Some days (well, most days lately to be honest), I truly feel God has way more faith in what I am capable of than I do. I wonder often how he thinks I am so strong when I feel so totally and positively weak. 

One of my favorite poems has always been Footprints in the Sand. I feel like for so much of this last year or more there has just been that one set in the sand. And I do often wonder if I will ever have those two sets again anytime again soon. 

One Night I Had a Dream....
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, There was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life. This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way; But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you.

1 comment:

  1. Life is just NOT ever easy, for any of us--for different reasons. All I can tell you is to take one moment, one step, one day at a time and try to find the positives. There are always some, although they do tend to get swamped by the bad stuff, some days. Sending you love!

    ReplyDelete